Votes and Legislation
Representative Levin’s top priority is working across the aisle on legislation to address local and national challenges. In his first twelve months in office, Rep. Levin introduced 12 bipartisan bills, including nine that passed the House of Representatives, and two that were signed into law by the President.
Please see below for a comprehensive list of legislation introduced by Representative Levin. You can also learn more about legislation co-sponsored by Rep. Levin.
Please contact our office to share your thoughts on current legislation that may affect you, your family, and your community.
Rep. Levin bills signed into law:
- The Protect Affordable Mortgages for Veterans Act was introduced with Reps. David Scott (D-GA), Zeldin (R-NY), and Barr (R-KY) to help maintain liquidity in the veteran home loan market. The legislation was signed into law in 2019.
- H.R. 2196, a bill to expand veterans’ access to STEM scholarship programs, was introduced with Rep. Andy Barr (R-KY) and signed into law in 2019.
Rep. Levin bills passed by the House:
- The Vet Center Eligibility Expansion Act was introduced with Rep. Phil Roe (R-TN) to expand eligibility to receive counseling from VA Vet Centers.
- Rep. Levin introduced the Veterans’ Education, Transition, and Opportunity Prioritization Plan (VET OPP) Act with Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-OH) to prioritize economic programs at the VA.
- The Ryan Kules Specially Adaptive Housing Improvement Act was introduced with Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-FL) to improve the VA's Specially Adapted Housing program.
- The Fry Scholarship Improvement Act was introduced with Rep. Bilirakis (R-FL) to expand Fry Scholarship eligibility. The bill passed the House as part of the Ryan Kules Specially Adaptive Housing Improvement Act.
- The Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer William "Bill" Mulder (Ret.) Transition Improvement Act was introduced with Rep. Jodey Arrington (R-TX) to improve the Transition Assistance Program for servicemembers returning to civilian life.
- The Housing for Women Veterans Act was introduced with Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) to direct a portion of VA homelessness funding to women veterans. The bill passed as part of the Deborah Sampson Act.
- Rep. Levin introduced the Protect the GI Bill Act to strengthen protections against predatory, for-profit schools.
- The Veteran HOUSE Act was introduced with Rep. Scott Peters (D-CA) to expand HUD-VASH eligibility to veterans with Other Than Honorable discharges.
- Rep. Levin introduced the Biomedical Innovation Expansion Act with Rep. Mikie Sherrill (D-NJ) to provide billions of dollars for research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The bill passed the House as part of H.R. 3, the Elijah E. Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act.
Other legislation introduced by Rep. Levin:
- The Public Lands Renewable Energy Development Act was introduced with Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) to promote renewable energy on public lands in a way that supports conservation.
- The Higher Education Standards Improvement Act was introduced with Rep. Brownley (D-CA) to provide greater protections for students in the event that an institution of higher education closes.
- The Student Loan Contract Act was introduced with Rep. Lauren Underwood (D-IL) to rename the document students sign when taking out their loans to help them better understand the commitment being made.
- The Veterans Service Equity Act was introduced with Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) to make veterans service organization employees eligible for public service loan forgiveness.
- The Streamlining GI Bill Processing Act was introduced with Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-FL) to provide veterans with electronic certificates of eligibility showing their GI Bill Entitlement.
- The Guard and Reserve GI Bill Parity Act of 2020 was introduced with Rep. Steven Palazzo (R-MS) to provide GI Bill benefit parity for members of the Guard and Reserve.
- The Brian Tally VA Employment Transparency Act was introduced with Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) to require VA to provide transparency to individuals filing tort claims against the department.
- The Commitment to Veteran Support and Outreach Act was introduced with Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL) to provide grants to support the work of County Veterans Service Officers.
- The Ensuring Safe Housing for our Military Act was introduced with Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) to improve servicemembers' housing and hold house contractors responsible.
- The Zero-Emission Vehicles Act was introduced with Rep. Joe Neguse (D-CO) to facilitate nationwide adoption of electric and fuel cell cars.
- The Health Literacy Day Resolution was introduced with Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-MT) to establish October 1st as National Health Literacy Day.
- The Spent Fuel Prioritization Act was introduced to require the removal of spent nuclear fuel from sites near large populations and in areas of high earthquake hazard.
- The Restoring Community Input and Public Protections in Oil and Gas Leasing Act of 2019 was introduced with House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) to reform the Bureau of Land Management's oil and gas leasing program.
- The Green Spaces, Green Vehicles Act was introduced to fund ZEV charging infrastructure on public lands and convert Park Service and Forest Service fleets to ZEVs.
- The Desalination Development Act was introduced with Rep. Huffman (D-CA) to provide federal funding for local desalination projects and make projects more environmentally friendly.
- The Prevent Family Fire Act was introduced with Rep. Rodney Davis (R-IL) to increase firearm safety by providing a tax credit for safe storage devices.
- The Border Water Infrastructure Improvement Act was introduced with Reps. Juan Vargas (D-CA), Susan Davis (D-CA), and Scott Peters (D-CA) to help stop cross-border sewage flows from Tijuana by providing funding for wastewater project along the border.