Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely manner, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help.   While we cannot guarantee a favorable outcome, we will do our best to resolve your problem or find the information that you need.  

Do you reside in the 49th Congressional District of California?

Congressional courtesy, ethics rules, and propriety dictate that Members of Congress have the honor and responsibility to serve their own constituents.  If you aren’t sure which Congressional District you live in, please check here.

Privacy Release

To receive assistance from our office, the Privacy Act of 1974 requires that you must first submit a Privacy Release Form that includes your signature and a detailed explanation of the issue you are facing. Once the form is received, we will open a case on your behalf and keep you apprised of the progress. 




Government Institutions and Agencies with which we can assist:

Where we cannot intervene:

Because of the Constitutional separation of powers, judicial matters (matters which involve the court system) do not fall under the jurisdiction of a Member of Congress. Examples of judicial matters are:

  • Child custody
  • Divorce
  • Civil/Criminal trials
  • Pardons/records expungement

Issues related to California agencies are also not under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Congress. Please contact your State Senator or State Assembly Member for assistance.  If you are unsure of who represents you in the California State Legislature, please click here. 

If you prefer to submit your request to our office on paper, you may click here.